Tool palettes can be a great place to store blocks, custom commands, and more. For example, in this post, I explain how to use tool palettes for blocks. And here I explain how to use tool palettes for user-defined hatches.
But what if you want to share them with others? You can share tool palettes by exporting them to a file. Then others import the same file to access the tool palettes.
Export a tool palette or group to a file
Follow these steps to export a tool palette (or group) to a file:
- Choose Manage tab> Customization panel> Tool Palettes (the CUSTOMIZE command) to open the Customize dialog box. Note that each tab in the Tool Palettes window is a separate tool palette.
- Right click a tool palette or group and choose Export from the menu. To export all palette groups, right-click a palette group and choose Export All.
- In the Export Palette or Export Group dialog box, choose a location for the file. A tool palette will be an XTP file and a palette group will be an XPG file.
- Click Save.
Import a tool palette or group from a file
If someone gives you a tool palette file (XTP or XPG), here are the steps to import it:
- Choose Manage tab> Customization panel> Tool Palettes (the CUSTOMIZE command) to open the Customize dialog box.
- Right-click any palette from the left side of the dialog box and choose Import.
- Select the XTP or XPG file and choose Open to display the tool palette.
Here you see the custom tool palette that I imported: