When you create and insert a block with attributes, you provide values for each of the attributes. But if you made a mistake or the value changes, you need to edit the attribute’s value. You use the EATTEDIT command for editing the value of a block attribute. Here are the steps:
- Choose Insert, Block panel, Edit Attribute, Single.
- At the Select a block: prompt, select the block with the attribute values that you need to change. The Enhanced Attribute Editor dialog box opens.
- Click the attribute whose value you want to change.
- Depending on your version of AutoCAD, either select the value in the Value text box and type a new value or click the Open Multiline Editor button at the right to edit the value in your drawing and click OK in the Text Formatting toolbar.
- Click OK to close the dialog box.
Do you have any tips for editing attributes? Leave a comment!
Did you find this tip helpful?
Don't miss new tips!
Plus get a free Dynamic Blocks tutorial
Enter your name and email below