It really helps to have a naming system for named objects, including:
- Dimension styles
- Text styles
- Multileader styles
- Table styles
- UCSs (User Coordinate Systems)
- Viewports (viewport configurations)
But sometimes you need to change their names.Maybe you made a mistake or you’re working on a drawing created by someone else and you need to make your names consistent with your standards.
You do this with the RENAME command. Here are the steps:
- The command isn’t on the ribbon, so just type rename on the command line to open the RENAME dialog box.
- Click the type of named object that you want to rename from the list on the left.
- Select the object you want to rename on the right. It appears in the Old Name text box.
- Type the new name in the Rename To text box
- Click OK.
It’s really easy, right? But I think that many people don’t even know that the RENAME command exists–maybe because it isn’t on the ribbon.
Did you find this tip helpful?
Don't miss new tips!
Plus get a free Dynamic Blocks tutorial
Enter your name and email below
Do you use the RENAME command? What type of situation has it helped you resolve?
Leave a comment!