It really helps to have a naming system for named objects, including:
- Dimension styles
- Text styles
- Multileader styles
- Table styles
- UCSs (User Coordinate Systems)
- Viewports (viewport configurations)
But sometimes you need to change their names.Maybe you made a mistake or you’re working on a drawing created by someone else and you need to make your names consistent with your standards.
You do this with the RENAME command. Here are the steps:
- The command isn’t on the ribbon, so just type rename on the command line to open the RENAME dialog box.
- Click the type of named object that you want to rename from the list on the left.
- Select the object you want to rename on the right. It appears in the Old Name text box.
- Type the new name in the Rename To text box
- Click OK.
It’s really easy, right? But I think that many people don’t even know that the RENAME command exists–maybe because it isn’t on the ribbon.
Do you use the RENAME command? What type of situation has it helped you resolve?
Leave a comment!