Slide Design for Non-Designers
Learn easy principles and techniques that designers use!
New! Updated for PowerPoint 2013
You need to create high-impact, professional-looking slides. But if you aren't a designer, that can be a difficult task. This ebook will show you, step-by-step, how to easily get the results you want.
Discover the complete process of designing high-impact PowerPoint slides
- Chapter 1: Create Custom Theme Colors. Nail down the basic steps that ensure a consistent presentation and make all your design work faster and easier.
- Chapter 2: Format the Slide Master. Understand the structure that controls how your slides look and get simple steps for making a great theme or template.
- Chapter 3: Use the Tell 'n' ShowSM Method: Learn the secret of simple, yet powerful slide design that ensures that your audience will understand and remember what you say, including specific best practices for diagrams, charts, and images.
- Chapter 4: Layout Principles. Learn principles that will make it easy for you to place your content on your slides, so that they are clear and powerful.
- Chapter 5: Contrast. Understand how the brain is hard-wired to pay attention to contrast and how to use it on your slides.
- Chapter 6: Finishing Touches. Learn the 4 techniques that will give your slides a designer look while helping to make their content more meaningful.
- Chapter 7: The Four Layouts that Always Look Good. Discover my 4 layouts that will enable you to create a great-looking slide, every time.
- Chapter 8: Keep a Library of Slides. Use the technique that professional designesr use--keep your best work to reuse it again and again.
- Chapter 9: Summary.
- Bonus Chapter: Keyboard Shortcuts. Learn keyboard shortcuts that will make your work go faster.
The bonus downloads make using the principles and techniques super easy! Here's what you'll get:
- A PowerPoint 2003 template with a simple bar at the top and bottom
- A PowerPoint 2007-2013 theme with a simple bar at the top and bottom
- A sample PowerPoint 2003 presentation (2 slides) using the template
- A sample PowerPoint 2007-2013 presentation (2 slides) using the theme
- A sample PowerPoint 2007-2013 presentation containing custom layouts (PowerPoint 2003 doesn't offer custom layouts)
- An 11-slide presentation for PowerPoint 2003 containing some of the slides you see in Slide Design for Non-Designers
- An 11-slide presentation for PowerPoint 2007-2013 containing some of the slides you see in Slide Design for Non-Designers
Slide Design for Non-Designers contains clear color illustrations and step-by-step instructions, in just over 100 pages. It covers PowerPoint 2003 - 2013.
When you purchase, you immediately get a download link. You can have this book in a few minutes and start using it right away. You won't find anything like it in bookstores—in clarity of information focused on what you need -- or price.
"Everything a beginner needs to know to start creating a PowerPoint presentation. Covers 2003 – 2013. Plenty of diagrams to make sure you’re on the right track." - Kaylene Horne, Windows Expert-Consumer MVP
Only $19.95 for the e-book and the bonus downloads!
About Ellen Finkelstein
Ellen Finkelstein, a PowerPoint MVP, is the bestselling author of How to Do Everything with PowerPoint 2007 (and two earlier editions), PowerPoint for Teachers: Dynamic Presentations and Interactive Classroom Projects, and many other computer books. Her Web site at www.ellenfinkelstein.com includes loads of tips and a free, PowerPoint Tips Newsletter. Get more information about valuable training to upgrade presentation skills for you or your organization