Screenshots are a staple of training courses, especially computer-related ones. So trainers are accustomed to using screenshot software to illustrate tutorials.
Often, these screenshots end up in PowerPoint, which is used as the basis for an online course or self-running presentations. In PowerPoint 2010, you can create these screenshots within PowerPoint.
Here’s how it works.
- Create the slide that will contain the screenshot.
- Make sure that the screen that you want to show is displayed. It can be a browser tab or an application screen — anything you want.
- Back in PowerPoint, choose the Insert tab and in the Images group, click Screenshot.
- You see thumbnail images of the available screens, as shown on the right. Click one of them.
- Move and/or crop the image.
Here you see an example based on a course I teach. (You can see the sale page here.)