If you have added notes to your slides that you want to print out to use while you present, using the Print feature (choose File>Print and choose Notes Pages from the Print What drop-down list) creates a separate sheet for each slide. It’s a big waste of paper and awkward to handle during your delivery. Here’s another method that will fit 5 slides per page if you want to see the slide and much more if you can work without the slide image.
- Choose File>Send To>Microsoft Office Word.
- In the dialog box, choose the Notes Next to Slides option and click OK.
- Wait while Word opens and imports the presentation into a table. Note that there’s a lot of space below each slide and you have only 3 slides per page.
- In Word, with the cursor anywhere in the table, choose Table>Select>Table to select the entire table.
- Choose Table>Table Properties and click the Row tab.
- Uncheck the Specify Height checkbox in the Size section of the dialog box.
- Click OK. You now have 5 slides per page.
- If you want to remove the slide images, you can get much more on a page, of course. Click in the column containing the slide images and choose Table>Select>Column.
- Choose Table>Delete>Columns. You’re left with the slide numbers and their notes.