Thanks to all of you (about 100 people) who answered the survey!
1) What version of PowerPoint are you using?
|2000 or earlier||4.3%|
2) Which books would help you most with presentations?
|Advanced PowerPoint techniques||53.4%|
|Effective presentation skills||34.1%|
|Design principles for non-designers||54.5%|
- Presenting boring information in an exciting way
- Design principles
- Idea starters for unique presentations/templates
- Tips & tricks
- Flash, animation applications, interactive PowerPoint applications
- Creative training techniques
- Shortcuts, quick helpful hints
- Overcoming fear
- Where to stand, how to design handouts, engaging the audience
- Online resource for material for presentations: templates, video, photos, eetc.
- Use of PowerPoint in a courtroom
- Web-based training
- Sharing PowerPoint presentations
3) Would you attend webinars on specific topics (not free)?
4) If yes or maybe, which webinars would you attend?
- How to convince the people you work for not to commit death by PPT–all the skills and creativity and knowledge of a presentation designer cannot overcome resistance by higher-ups who seem committed to boring their audience–they’re still using full sentences!
- Tests on PowerPoint with feedback or correct answers
- Presenting Live Webinars for persuading, motivating, teaching and informing – in 25 minutes or less!
- Using videos in presentations
- E-Learning presentation
- PowerPoint for low cost training
- Interactive activities
- Basics: Quick simple show: use this background and font and colors. So it can setup in 5 minutes or less.
- Other software: www.raptivity.com
- How to use PowerPoint for webinars
- A lot of the stuff on PPT is focused on or derived from the business world. I know many of the principles, etc. are useful, but it would be nice to see more info on how to incorporate these ideas into academic presentations – where we can’t get away with a 20 minute presentation, for example, but “have” to lecture for 45-50 minutes.
- Flash style animation using PowerPoint
- Adding animation or videos, best way to use/setup powerpoint for use with other software
- Presentation planning
Would you be interested in group coaching?
Is there any other type of content or class that you’d be interested in to improve your skills?
- MS Web Apps for companies who may not want to commit to large software investment
- No, but thank you! Your web tips are tremendously helpful, and I follow your work closely. Great job!!
- How to create and deliver a very effective Webinar
- Show & tell — show me how you do some of the cool graphics and give me tips on how to accomplish them.
- Color/background combinations and their effects on audiences
- Interested in how to integrate other software and programs with PowerPoint and what formats to use. For example, when adding a movie clip, what format is the best so it will run in the PowerPoint on your computer and also run if it’s uploaded to the web. What add-ons are most useful and how to use them.
- Effective speaking
- Design in E-Learning: Using PowerPoint for synchronous and non-sync training
- Death by PowerPoint is really important for us here!!!
- Back to Basics, where to stand, how to set up room to focus on presentation, a refresher for us that don’t train often, but used to train a lot in our distant past.
- Working with maps. Embedding audio, video, photos without going thru the steps- macro maybe?
- PowerPoint design for people who know more than non-designers and less than designers.
- Tips on teaching adult educators how to use PowerPoint in their classrooms.
- I would love to know how to do some of these animations, but can’t find a book on any of it. http://www.visualcontentsolutions.com/pptport01.asp
- Anything involving trials, I work in a legal area.
- Creating training videos (Camtasia)
- Helping college faculty redesign their PPTs. More along the lines of convincing them to redesign!
I will be doing some webinars in the future. Some of the resources you asked for are already on my site or in existing books. I’ll mention these in a future post.