A reader asked: A client needs a new business projector. Any advice or recommendations? They will be using it for small groups up to 150 participants and it needs to be portable.
Which projector do you use and why? What do you like about it? Dislike? Do you have advice about how to shop for a projector?
Here are some of the more comment specs you’ll see for projectors. Which specs do you find essential?
- LCD or DLP (or LCOS)
- Native resolution? 1080p for hi-def video
- Brightness (measured in lumens)
- Bulb life and replacement cost
- Wide-screen vs. standard (Hint: PowerPoint 2013 will use wide-screen as the default, but you’ll be able to specify the old 4:3 width-height ratio, of course
- VGA (analog) or HDMI (digital) connectivity
Please leave a comment with your best advice for buying a projector!
We use NEC for our projectors. They produce a good screen quality and have the option for multiple inputs, which is great!
We have a free utility which allows users to select the projector features essential to them. We then deliver information on the projectors that will fulfill their needs. We are a publisher who maintains a spec database on every projector ever manufactured. we don’t sell projectors . Here is the utility http://www.projectorcentral.com/projectors.cfm